Mini V Pre-School is situated in the grounds of Vernon Primary School in Poynton, Cheshire.
We are open from 7.30 for Breakfast club and from 9 o’clock for day sessions until 3 o’clock.
We have been open since 2012 and have gone from strength to strength since then.
In our Oftsed Inspection we were graded as OUTSTANDING in all areas.
The Inspectors highlighted how Mini V Pre-School offers children a superb, vibrant, highly stimulating learning environment. They pin pointed the fact that Mini V buzzes with the enthusiasm of children and staff as they explore the outstanding range of toys and resources that are freely accessible both indoors and
Early Years Practitioners Roles and Responsibilities
Our early years practitioner responsibilities include a wide range of duties. Some are related to children’s educational progress and the teaching of new skills following the curriculum. Others are more focused on physical and mental well-being, looking after them in day-to-day tasks.
Some of an Early Years Practitioner’s roles and responsibilities include:
- Looking after the health and well being of the child, such as feeding babies and changing their nappies.
- Helping children to create core skills, such as numeracy and literacy.
- Providing a safe and enabling environment for children to work in.
- Teaching to the curricular requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- Taking children on trips or outings outside of lesson time.
- Encouraging physical activities to keep children active.
- Supporting children’s mental health, fostering an environment where children find help if they need it. This may include reaching out to children, checking in, and working with other teams to prevent or solve issues.
- Boosting life skills, such as cooking or using money in age appropriate activities.
- Supporting communication and social skills to help children interact with those around them.
- Helping children with educational disabilities or needs with their studies. Some practitioners may have specific training to cater for specific needs.